Studio Lighting Photography Workshop
Cost: C$300 per person plus applicable taxes - Payment information below
(Note: L'atelier se tiendera en français et en anglais simultanément dépendant des besoins des participants / Workshop will be conducted in English and French simultaneously depending on the participants' needs)
Date: To be determined
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Kurious Photography Studio, Montreal, Qc., Canada
This one-day workshop is intended for beginner and intermediate photographers who are looking to explore studio portrait photography and learn the basics of studio lighting equipment and various lighting techniques.
The workshop is practical and hands-on, with more time spent on actively taking photos and trying different lighting techniques. It is limited to 6-8 participants to ensure that everyone has a chance to actively participate and have enough time to shoot their own photos with a model who will be with us for the day. You will be learning about my approach to studio photography and the various lighting techniques that I generally use.
Objectives for the day:
- Meet and greet the attendees and the team
- Overview of studio equipment and good practices
- Overview of studio lighting equipment (flash heads, modifiers, accessories)
- Understanding the 5 basic lighting variables that you can control to get best results
- Demonstrations of basic lighting techniques, when to use them, and why (including my favorite 4-5 light portrait set-up)
- Every participant will have their own shooting time with a model and can experiment with various lighting set-ups
- Wrap-up and question period
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Note: Please bring your own camera, preferred lenses, and SD memory cards. Canon and Nikon cameras are recommended for compatibility with flash triggers and studio computer software. However, should you have other brands and encounter any compatibility issues, you will be able to use my camera (Canon 5D MIII) and lenses with your own SD memory card.
Payment information: Please CONTACT ME HERE with your name, e-mail, and telephone number, the date you are interested in, and a few details about why you are interested in the workshop. I will reply to you privately and if there are available spots, I will invoice you separately where you can pay by PayPal or an e-transfer.